HRT ITM Auckland SuperSprint Race Wrap
Race Distance: 100kms
Compulsory Pit Stops: None
Tyre Allocation: Hard tyre compound only
Weather: Cloudy, 18 degrees and a chance of rain.
HRT Race Highlights:
- The second qualifying session of the day was not as strong with Courtney reporting a jammed bar adjuster and Tander suffering oversteer on the final corner, Tander started 15th and Courtney 16th.
- Courtney had an impressive opening lap overtaking Tander and jumping up three places to 13th. But Tander wasn’t letting Courtney have all the fun and shuffle his way forward to move just one place behind him by lap three.
- They worked together and as Courtney moved up another place, Tander followed and by lap seven they were in 12th and 13th respectively.
- By the half-way point of the race Tander had gained his advantage back over his teammate then quickly slipped passed R Kelly to move into 11th.
- Next in his sight was Pye. With two laps remaining Tander lunged but was unable to complete the pass. A second attempt was successful and he moved into the top 10.
- With the weather holding off and the race being a short 35 laps, the HRT boys progressed no further. Tander finished 10th, a massive five places up from his starting position, and Courtney finished three places behind in 13th.